Coconut Cake, Eggless Coconut Sponge Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13767 times
Like a breeze that caresses you atop a hill, the mellow flavour of coconut revitalises your palate when you bite into this unique Coconut Cake.
The soothing touch of coconut is unmistakable as both coconut milk and desiccated coconut are used. This is a soft and succulent sponge cake with a deep-seated flavour and mild crunch, which makes it a wonderful accompaniment to tea.
While you may serve it a while after baking, it tastes especially great when slightly warm.
You can also try other recipes like Coconut Toffee or Coconut Ball Cookies .
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder and baking soda in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a deep bowl and mix well till it is smooth and light using a spatula.
- Add the plain flour mixture gradually and fold gently.
- Add the coconut milk gradually and mix well using a spatula.
- Add the desiccated coconut and mix gently, using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter aluminium tin.
- Tap it slightly to even out the mixture.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 20 to 25 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Demould the cake, cut it into 6 equal wedges and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.