Added to 188 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 78960 times
Chum chum also known as cham cham or chom chom is another Bengali delicacy made using chenna.
These oval shaped mithai are cooked in sugar syrup and stuffed with a mixture of mawa. We have added refined flour (maida) to the prepared chenna which provides stiffness and helps to maintain a proper shape.
Other than the mawa, you also add some dates, figs or cashews. You can even skip the stuffing and drizzle rabri on top of it or simply garnish using coconut and pistachios.
Try similar recipes like Rose Sandesh or Rasmalai.
- In a plate, combine the chenna and maida and knead very well using your hands into a smooth mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions.
- Take one portion between the palms of our hands and shape it into 100mm. (4”) ovals, taking care to see that there are no cracks on the surface.
- Repeat step 7 to make 9 more ovals.
- Combine the sugar with 3 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and allow it boil on medium flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Gently add the chum chums in the sugar syrup and boil on medium flame for 12-15 minutes.
- Drain and remove the cooked chum chums keep it on a plate. Keep aside to cool completely.
- In a broad non-stick pan, combine together all the ingredients for the stuffing and cook for 5-6 minutes. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Slit the chum chum lengthwise.
- Stuff it with the prepared stuffing.
- Repeat step 13 and 14 to make 9 more chum chum.
- Garnish with almond slivers. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chum chum
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.