Cheesy Mushroom Squares
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 100 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13225 times
Crisply toasted bread slices with a creamy topping of mushrooms cooked with crunchy capsicum, spring onions, celery and cheese, the Cheesy Mushroom Squares are a perfect snack to serve at garden parties. You can keep the cheesy mushroom topping ready. Just toast the bread on-the-fly using a pop-up toaster, top it with some of the tantalising mixture, garnish appealingly with a slice of black olive and serve immediately.
- Toast 2 bread slices at a time in a popup toaster and cut each bread slice into 4 equal squares.
- Repeat step 1 with the remaining 2 bread slices. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and spring onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the celery and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli flakes, mushroom and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cheese slices and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the topping into 16 equal portions.
- Top each bread square with one portion of the mushroom topping, garnish it with a slice of black olive and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per square
|Vitamin A||28.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.