Chawli and Kabuli Chana Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 122 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17134 times
When you hear the word pulao, the first thing that comes to mind is veggies and rice cooked with whole spices. But, this Chawli and Kabuli Chana Pulao is completely different.
Here, the rice is combined with two pulses of contrasting colours and tastes, perked up with tomatoes, onions and a tempering of mustard seeds.
A dash of garam masala and a squeeze of lemon add more josh to this pulao, making it a tongue-tickling treat. Relish it hot and fresh with a raita of your choice.
You can also try other pulaos like the Shahi Pulao or Palak Pulao .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add mustard seeds and sauté on medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, salt and 1½ tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked chawli and kabuli chana, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- 6. Add the rice, coriander and lemon juice, mix gently and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||233.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||47.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.