Chapati For Making Wraps
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 130 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 71594 times
Wraps are delightful snacks, which are handy, quick and satiating. If you have a ready stock of Chapatis for making Wraps, you can easily line them with your favourite cutneys or spreads and roll them up with a whole lot of shredded veggies, paneer, beans, and other ingredients, and enjoy a sumptuous snack even when you are in a hurry. When in a real rush, you can even foil pack the wrap and have it on the go.
In this recipe, we share the secret of making chapatis with the proper blend of flours and oil, which enables them to be preserved for a month, in an airtight container in the freezer. When you wish to make wraps, just take out the required number of chapatis, thaw them and use.
- Combine the flours, oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into equal 12 portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6") diameter thin round using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the chapatis lightly on both the sides.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 to make 11 more chapatis.
- Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chapati
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.