Broccoli and Almond Soup, Protein Rich Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 151 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 138306 times
Broccoli and almond soup, broccoli is my favourite, and on top of that I have used almonds to make this soup everyone’s favourite! Mildly flavoured with celery and garlic, it tastes amazing.
Almonds are toasted to bring out its complete flavour and to add crunch too. Besides being a protein-filled nut, it is also considered brain-friendly – hence, you can build your body as well as nourish your brain with this tasty soup.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a deep kadhai, add the broccoli stalks and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets, onions, garlic, celery and salt, mix well and cook for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, allow it to cool a little.
- Once slightly cooled, blend with a hand blender till smooth.
- Transfer the prepared broccoli mixture into the same kadhai, add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the pepper powder, roasted almond slivers, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
- Serve hot garnished with almond slivers.
Nutrient values Per serving
|Energy|| 158 kcal|
|Protein|| 5.4 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 6.1 gm|
|Fat|| 11.5 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.6 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 603.6 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 19.0 mg|
|Calcium|| 157.7 mg|
|Iron|| 0.9 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 14.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.