Bharwan Baingan, Healthy Bharwan Baingan, Stuffed Brinjal Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
भरवां बैगन की रेसिपी
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Bharwan Baingan, Healthy Bharwan Baingan, Stuffed Brinjal Recipe in Hindi)
Added to 375 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 303911 times
Bharwan Baingan always means a dose of excitement for your taste buds, whether it is made the Punjabi way with a rich coconut-based masala, or in a healthy way with less oil!
Here is a super tasty version of Bharwan Baingan, in which the brinjals are stuffed with a sweet, tangy and spicy besan mixture before pressure-cooking. The pressure-cooking methods enable you to get the same traditional taste without using oodles of oil!
You will enjoy the multi-faceted flavour of this dish, which tastes awesome with hot rotis .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and asafetida and allow the seeds to crackle.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and besan and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tamrind pulp, jaggery, coriander, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Slit the brinjals in the centre to make a criss-cross mark that divides each brinjal into 4 parts joined at the stem.
- Stuff the slits of each brinjal with the prepared mixture and keep the remaining mixture aside.
- Combine the stuffed brinjals and the remaining mixture with ½ cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 50 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.4 gm|
|Carbohydrtae|| 7.8 gm|
|Fat|| 1.5 gm|
|Fibre|| 3.7 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.