Bajra Roti in Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23371 times
Keep anaemic at bay with this super-tasty and satiating Bajra Roti in Kadhi. This delicious recipe features sumptuous bajra rotis suspended in a tongue-tickling and easy-to-cook kadhi. Bajra is rich in iron, and very effective in keeping up your haemoglobin levels.
That makes this a wonderful recipe for pregnant women. When served with khichdi, the Bajra Roti in Kadhi transforms into a complete meal. The kadhi gets very thick after adding the bajra rotis, so make sure you add them just before serving.
Some more nutritious recipes for pregnancy - Groundnut Tikkis , Nachni Ladoos , Chick Pea Tikkis , Panch Dhan Khichdi and Ragi and Oat Crackers .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little bajra flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) on a high flame and when hot, place the roti gently over it.
- Cook it till small blisters appear on the surface. Turn over the roti and cook for a few more seconds.
- Cook it on an open flame using a pair of tongs till it puffs up and brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 2 more rotis.
- Cool slightly and cut each roti into small squares and keep aside.
- Combine the besan, curds and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-green chilli paste, red chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the besan-curd mixture, salt and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the kadhi, add the bajra roti pieces, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.