by Tarla Dalal
Added to 224 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 97227 times
Finger-licking fare, this truly is! Succulent cubes of cottage cheese are cooked in a luxurious paste of almonds and onions, along with a horde of spice powders that add a lot of zing to this intensely rich dish.
Although the almond paste seems similar to the cashew-onion paste that is used in a lot of Mughlai dishes, the use of almonds gives it a totally different taste and texture, which sets the Badami Paneer a class apart.
A dash of cream further accentuates the richness of this subzi, making it a perfectly royal treat, which can be cooked easily in the Microwave oven, without any fuss.
Serve with your favourite Rotis / Puris / Parathas .
- Combine the paneer, turmeric powder, ½ tsp of chilli powder, 1 tbsp of oil and salt in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Combine the remaining 3 tbsp of oil and the prepared paste in a microwave safe bowl, mix well, cover with a microwave safe lid and microwave on high for 5 minutes, while stirring once in between after 2½ minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, remaining chilli powder, garam masala, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the paneer, cream and sugar, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||989.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||24.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||22.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.