Added to 308 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 635308 times
Aloo Methi is an everyday recipe... easy, tasty and awesome. Yet, every time you taste it, it feels exotic, with the softness of potatoes and the pleasing bitterness of methi.
Indeed, this Indian favourite deserves the global fame that it has earned! You will find that this recipe is made with everyday ingredients like ginger, garlic, cumin seeds and red chillies, yet it has a rich aroma and flavour that makes you eat an extra chapati or two.
Cooking the potatoes for so long makes them a little crisp and gives them an appetising brownish colour. It also allows the potatoes to imbibe the flavours of the garlic, green chillies and ginger really well.
Also try other subzi combos with methi like Methi Palak Paneer Subzi , Methi Papad and Methi Mutter Pasanda .
- Place the fenugreek leaves in a deep bowl, sprinkle a little salt over it, toss well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out all the water from the fenugreek leaves and keep aside. Discard the squeezed water.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic, ginger, green chillies and red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder and potatoes, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, coriander-cumin seeds powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1064.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||27.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.