Aloo Cheese Frankie
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 332 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 133178 times
A wholesome snack-on-the-go, the Aloo Cheese Frankie is something you can easily make at home once you know the right ingredients and method to use.
Plain flour rotis play host to a deep-fried potato roll. The inclusion of onion masala mixture and masala water gives the frankies an authentic taste, which measures up to the way your favourite vendor makes it!
Kids will love to have Aloo Cheese Frankie and a glass of Chocolate Milkshake as an after school treat .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into a 125 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti, using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into a cylindrical roll.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, 3 rolls at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean, dry surface and drizzle little masala water evenly over it.
- Place a potato roll in the centre, finally top with a little onion masala mixture, roll it up tightly and seal it with a toothpick.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 5 more frankies.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 240 kcal|
|Protein|| 4.7 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 25.3 gm|
|Fat|| 13.4 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.6 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 138.5 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 7.9 mg|
|Calcium|| 66.1 mg|
|Iron|| 0.9 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 8.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.