Tikki Chhole Bake
by kundan shah
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7712 times
Tikki Chole Bake is a lovely variation to the otherwise fried tikki recipe. The aloo tikkis are broken into pieces and then topped with a spicy Chole curry along with dates and coriander chutney and then baked.
- Heat oil. add cummin seeds and onions and fry lightly.
- Add the potatoes and fry for five minutes.
- Remove from heat. when cool add the remaining ingredients mix well and keep aside.
- Clean and soak the chana overnight. pressure cook till done.
- Heat oil. season with cummin seeds. when they splutter add onions and ginger garlic paste and fry till brown.
- Add all the masala powders, except garam masala powder and saute for a few seconds.
- Add tomato puree and salt, and fry till the oil floats on top.
- Add the cooked chana, green chillies half the coriander leaves and the mint leaves.
- Add half cup water cover and cook on low heat till the gravy is thick.
- Add the remaining coriander leaves and the garam masala powder.
- Stir well and keep aside
- Grease a baking dish and sprinkle 1/4 cup bread crumbs.
- Divide the potato mixture into three portions.
- Spread one portion evenly over the breadcrumbs.
- Divide the chana mixture into two portions and spread one portion over the potato in the baking dish.
- Dot with date chutney and coriander mint chutney.
- Repeat the layers, finishing with the potato layer.
- Place onion rings, tomato slices, and capsicum slices over it.
- Dot with the date chutney, coriander mint chutney and butter.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 200''c for 15 minutes or till well browned.
- Serve hot topped with chopped coriander leaves and accompained by the sweet and hot chutneys.
This recipe was contributed by kundan shah on 25 Feb 2001I am currently living in Nairobi Kenya. I have two children a son and daughter.
I have graduated...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.