by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16766 times
As the name suggests, this dish brims with Tarkari (vegetables) and the nutrients that they contain. To add to the goodness of vegetables, moong dal is also a rich source of protein, folic acid and zinc. An interesting combination of health and taste makes this dish a must-try!
- Wash and soak the rice and moong dal in enough water for 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the pressure cooker and when hot, add the cumin seeds and dry roast on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add cauliflower, potatoes, brinjals, onions, turmeric powder, chilli powder, green paste, garam masala and salt. Mix well and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the drained brown rice, moong dal and 2 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Mix gently and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
| 169 kcal|| 6.1 gm|| 33.4 gm|| 1.1 gm|| 1.2 mg|| 28.0 mcg|| 1.1 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.