Stuffed Nachni Rotis
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24080 times
Make scrumptious rotis out of nachni and wheat flour and enjoy them with fresh low fat curds or a glass of sugar-free juice. The karela in the vegetable stuffing provides additional benefits for diabetics, while the cauliflower offsets the bitterness.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into soft dough, using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter using a little flour.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the filling in the center of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter using a little flour.
- Cook on a non-stick pan, using a ½ teaspoon oil, until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 3 more stuffed rotis.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per roti
| 76 cal|| 1.8 gm|| 10.6 gm|| 4.0 gm|| 10.6 mg|| 0.8 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.