Schezuan Sauce (wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 82 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32062 times
A treat for spice lovers! this amazing sauce is an essential part of chinese cuisine. Try out the mushroom schezuan wrap and vegetable and noodle wrap, to sample this sauce in different rolls. You can store this sauce in refrigerator and use when required.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai till it smokes, add the msg, celery, garlic and ginger, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds or till the flavour releases.
- Add the tomato purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the red chilli paste, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and simmer for a minute.
- Add the vinegar and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute, while stirring continuously.
- Keep refrigerated and use as required.
- To make 1½ cups of red chilli paste, soak 35 to 40 whole dry red kashmiri chillies in enough warm water for at least an hour. Drain the chillies and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste adding enough water. Keep aside.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.