Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 107922 times
Punjabi chole is a North Indian Punjabi style chickpea preparation with choicest spices and ingredients. The kabuli chana or chole are boiled along with tea leaves tied in a muslin cloth and then cooked in a delicious onion-tomato and ginger-garlic paste based spicy gravy. Serve Punjabi chole with onion rings as garnishing with kulcha or rice.
- Wash kabuli chana and chana dal together in 500 ml water, overnight.
- Cook both together in the same water till they become soft.
- Heat oil in a pan add the onion, ginger, garlic, chillies and all the spices and stir for 5 mins.
- Add the kabuli chana and chana dal alongwith the water.
- Add potato, tomato and the lime juice to it. cook till the water evaporates and you get a thick gravy.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 23 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.