Paneer and Vegetable Parathas ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 483 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62277 times
Parathas make terrific toddler food since they can usually be enjoyed without parental supervision. Most babies will often hold onto a piece and nibble away while they're busy doing their own thing. They will enjoy this at meal times too with dal and raita.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Lightly press the sides using your fingers and roll out again into a circle of 100 mm. (4?) diameter using whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha, using 1 tsp of ghee till golden brown spots appear both the sides
- Serve lukewarm with curds.
Nutrient values per paratha
| 161 kcal|| 4.4 gm|| 17.3 gm|| 8.2 gm|| 250. 8 mcg|| 2.3 mg|| 64.2 mg|| 1.4 mg|| 11.7 mcg|| 0.8 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.