Paneer Tikka Masala
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 475 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 232363 times
With the liberal use of cabbage and dry ginger powder, the absence of onion and garlic is barely noticeable in this otherwise onion-dominated curry!
- Combine the curds, soonth, chilli powder, kasuri methi, garam masala, plain flour, coriander, salt and 1 tbsp of oil and mix well to prepare a marinade.
- Add the paneer pieces to it, mix gently and keep aside to marinate for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil on a non-stick tava (griddle) and sauté the paneer tikkas on all sides till they brown lightly (approximately 4 to 5 minutes). Keep aside.
- Boil a vesselfull of water and immerse the tomatoes in it for one minute.
- Remove, de-skin and de-seed the tomatoes. Chop finely and keep aside.
- Roast the coriander seeds and red chillies lightly and grind to a powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add cabbage and green chillies and sauté for some while.
- Add the tomatoes and dry ginger powder and fry till the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add the red chilli-coriander powder, tomato sauce and dried fenugreek leaves and sauté.
- Mix the milk and cornflour together and add to the gravy. Mix well.
- Add the paneer tikkas and peas and heat for some time.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.