Nariyal ki Meethi Roti, Sweet Coconut Roti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 83 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14141 times
You will love the luxuriant texture of this coconut-stuffed sweeet treat ! Chapatis are stuffed with a delectably sweet mixture of roasted coconut delicately flavoured with nutmeg and cardamom.
This Nariyal ki Meethi Roti is quite satiating and can be served as a standalone snack, or as part of a meal. Your kids will love to sink their teeth into this Sweet Coconut Roti when they come home from school.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the coconut, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the coconut into a bowl and keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the sugar, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a chapati on a clean, dry surface and place a portion of the stuffing on one half of the chapati.
- Fold the other half of the chapati over the stuffing to make a semi-circle and press it lightly so that the stuffing doesn’t spill out.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti, using a little ghee, till golden brown spots appear both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 9 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.