Malpuas Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 23325 times
Hot malpuas are irresistible, whether had plain or with a topping of cold rabdi. Try making this delightful treat at home itself, and with a slight twist. In this version, i have avoided deep frying the malpuas and cooked them with minimal ghee in a pan. They turn out as soft as ever.
Recipe Description for Malpua Recipe ( Indian Dessert)
- Combine the sugar and ¾ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the sugar syrup it of 1 thread consistency.
- Add the rose water and switch off the flame.
- Add the saffron-milk mixture, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour and fresh cream in a bowl and mix well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with little ghee, pour a little batter on a greased tava (griddle) and spread it evenly to make a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle.
- Cook on both the sides, using a little ghee, till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Dip the malpua in the warm sugar syrup.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more malpuas.
- Serve immediately garnished with almond and pistachio slivers.
See step by step images of Malpua Recipe ( Indian Dessert)
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.