Viewed 3572 times
Granulated or large chunks of sugar, when grinded into fine powder, is Powdered Sugar. It can be powdered and stored for instant use.
How to Select
• You can simply powder the sugar used at home.
• Just make sure that the sugar you use is clean, dry and free of moisture, so that the powdered sugar does not coagulate or become sticky.
• Powdered sugar is also readily available in the market. When buying, check the packaging and use-by dates. Feel the packet to see if the sugar is loose and not coagulated or sticky.
• Also, choose a good brand to reduce the risk of contamination.
• Powdered sugar dissolves easily and can be handy when making sweetened beverages or desserts.
How to Store
• Always store powdered sugar in a dry and tight jar.
• Avoid contact with moisture as it will cause stickiness and coagulation.