Mixed Vegetables with Sesame Seeds
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 118 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20497 times
Sesame seeds is an ingredient that is so aromatic and flavourful that it is used in almost every cuisine, in some form or the other! In this delicious preparation of Mixed Vegetables with Sesame Seeds, it has a pervasive influence, which stands out over other strongly flavoured ingredients like soy sauce and peanuts too. This dish, which has a remarkable Oriental touch, is unique in many respects, including the blend of interesting flavours and textures, as well as the use of orange juice as a base ingredient!
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan, add the paneer strips and fry till they are brown.
- Add the broccoli, baby corn, capsicum, mushrooms and asparagus and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add a little water and salt, cover and cook on a low flame till the vegetables are tender.
- Add the spring onion greens and mix well
- Meanwhile, mix the soya sauce with the orange juice and cornflour and stir into the vegetables, stirring constantly till the sauce has thickened and glaze develops.
- Stir in the sesame seeds, peanuts, salt and pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.