by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29487 times
Slurp! What an exciting flavour this Kokum Kadhi has. Indeed, the best of homely flavours, tanginess, is the highlight of this recipe. This recipe is quite different from any other kadhi because it uses neither curds nor besan Instead, it harnesses the tangy flavour of kokum and the complementarily soothing flavour of coconut milk to make a well-balanced accompaniment that is sure to be loved by all. Once you have all the ingredients ready, it takes just minutes to prepare this delectable Kokum Kadhi, making it all the more attractive. Serve this kadhi with Rice ( Cooked Rice) and Goanese Potato Curry
- Combine the kokum, green chillies, salt in 1½ cups of water in a deep bowl, cover with a lid and keep aside to soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Strain the kokum using a strainer. Keep the kokum water aside and discard the kokum and green chillies.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the curry leaves, garlic and red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the coconut milk, kokum water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.