Khajur Imli ni Chutney ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 269 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 71993 times
Farsans, or snacks, are incomplete without this popular sweet and sour chutney. It is also quite healthy as most of the ingredients are iron-rich. Keep this handy at home, as it can also be used in many recipes. It can last for a month or so if stored in the deep-freezer. So, keep it handy for use in recipes like ragda patties and dakor na gota.
- Clean and wash the dates and the tamarind.
- Combine the dates, tamarind, jaggery and 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste and strain the mixture using a sieve.
- Add 1 cup of water, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and salt, and mix well.
- Use as required or store refrigerated.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.