Herb Rice with Creamy Mushroom and Asparagus Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 106 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12106 times
Flavour, aroma, texture, the Herb Rice with Creamy Mushroom and Asparagus Sauce has it all! Tauntingly aromatic herb rice cooked with parsley and basil, is topped with a tangy yet creamy sauce of mushrooms and asparagus. The topping too has a dash of oregano, which makes this a very herby dish indeed. However, it is interesting to note that the herbs do not overpower the taste, as they are beautifully balanced by the mushrooms, vegetables, tomato puree and fresh cream. Overall, it has a very unique flavour that lovingly lingers in your palate.
- Wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and green chillies, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, salt and 2 cups of water, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the rice is cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, add the parsley and basil and toss gently. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the bay leaves, peppercorns and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and garlic, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the sugar, oregano, chilli powder, mushrooms, asparagus, tomato purée, fresh cream and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves and peppercorns. Keep aside.
- Place the herb rice on a serving dish and spoon the hot mushroom and asparagus sauce over it.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.