French Onion Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 608 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47236 times
The popular soup cooked in the Parisians tradition.
- Heat the butter and fry the onions on a very slow flame until brown colour.
- Add 6 teacups of water, 3 tablespoons of the grated cheese, the mustard and salt and boil for a few minutes.
- Toast the bread slices, butter lightly and sprinkle a little cheese on top. Cut each toast into 3 pieces.
- Pour the soup into individual soup bowls, put 1 toast piece in each bowl and sprinkle the balance cheese on top of the toast pieces.
- Put below the grill until the cheese starts sizzling.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.