Cooked Rice ( South Indian Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18624 times
This basic recipe can be used to serve as is with various curries or used in recipes which call for cooked rice.
- Wash the rice thoroughly and soak in 3 cups of water for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Boil a vesselful of water, add 1 tbsp of oil and salt.
- Add the rice to the boiling water and cook till the rice is cooked, stirring once or twice in between.
- Pour into a colander and let the water drain out.
- Serve hot or spread on a flat surface till it is cool.
- Use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.