by Tarla Dalal
Added to 216 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 181599 times
This truly unusual combination of whole wheat toast and traditional Chilas makes a satiating snack. Mint and Onion Chutney adds an extra zing to this layered vegetable club sandwich with a difference. Make it the next time you are seeking a fusion of the east and west!
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and add enough water to make a smooth batter and divide into 2 equal portions.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it lightly with oil.
- Spread one portion of the batter on it to form a thick round chila of 100 mm (4") diameter.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown, using a little oil.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 1 more chila. Keep aside.
- Apply little chutney on all the toasted bread slices and keep aside.
- Place a toasted bread slice on a flat dry surface, put one chila on it. Cover with another toasted bread slice with the chutney side facing up.
- Place a lettuce leaf, 4 slices cucumber and 4 slices of tomatoes on it and cover with the third toasted bread slice.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 1 more sandwich.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 equal portions and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per sandwich
|Energy|| 246 cal|
|Protein|| 9.2 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 48.0 gm|
|Fat|| 4.1 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 499.0 mcg|
|Iron|| 3.1 mg|
|Fibre|| 1.7 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.