Chinese Rice ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15663 times
Chinese rice, south china’s salubrious climate is ideal for harvesting the perfect chinese rice. Short- or medium-grained and plump- this rice upon cooking is pearly white and has a creamy texture. Some oil into the cooking vessel ensures that the grains stay separate. It is usually spread on a flat surface before being used in cooking.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice in enough water for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Boil 6 to 8 cups water in a deep pan, add the salt and 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add the rice to the boiling water and cook till the rice is 85% cooked.
- Remove from the flame and drain out all the water. Pour some cold water on the rice to arrest further cooking.
- Let all the water drain out and ensure that the rice does not contain any moisture.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and toss gently
- Spread the cooked rice on a flat surface till it is cool. Use as required.
- Add a pinch of 5 spice powder for enhanced flavour.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.