Cheesy Corn and Onion Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 202 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35552 times
You will love the Cheesy Corn and Onion Toast not just for its cheesy flavour but also the interesting blend of textures. Sautéed onions, green chillies and corn are held together by a white sauce like paste, which makes it easy to apply the topping on the toast and also imparts a rich flavour. Grated cheese adds to the richness of this toast, but the smart move here is the use of raw capsicum strips, which imparts a wonderful crispness and a sharp taste to the whole arrangement. Serve the toast immediately upon baking, to enjoy the luscious molten cheese.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the corn, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a bread slice on a clean, dry surface and spread a portion of the mixture evenly over it.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it and finally place 4 capsicum strips over it.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make more 3 toasts.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 minutes or till crisp.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.