Cheese and Vegetable Sticks ( Healthy Snacks for Kids) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Viewed 16792 times
Vegetables add a unique twist to these scrumptious cheese straws. Good way of including vegetables to your kid's diet. Brimming with protein, fibre and calcium -- this recipes is definitely better than those fried snack!
Recipe Description for Cheese and Vegetable Sticks
- Sieve the whole wheat flour in a bowl.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Rub the butter into the flour, with the help of your fingertips till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the mixed vegetables and cheese and mix well.
- Add approx. 4 tbsp ice-cold water and knead into a semi-stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Lightly dust the rolling board using little whole wheat flour, place a portion of the dough on it and flatten it.
- Roll into a 125 mm (5”) diameter round and cut them vertically into medium sized strips.
- Repeat steps 6 to 8 to make more strips.
- Place the strips on ungreased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 40 minutes, turn the strips once after 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately or cool and store in an air-tight container.
See step by step images of Cheese and Vegetable Sticks Recipe
Nutrient values per serving
| 31 kcal.|| 0.7 gm.|| 3.2 gm.|| 1.0 gm.|| 71.5 mcg|| 1.0 mg.|| 10 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.