Pasta Cheese Balls Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 4151 times
Oops? Stranded with some leftover boiled Pastas ? Here is how to turn it into an aromatic, herby delicacy.Mix up the leftover pasta with cheese, herbs and a few other ingredients, coat it in batter and bread crumbs and deep-fry to make a crunchy snack with a soft interior, that will bowl you over with its fantastic texture and memorable flavour. Make sure you serve the Pasta Cheese Balls immediately after preparation to avoid the chewiness that takes over when molten cheese cools down.Pasta Cheese Balls can be served as Evening Tea Snacks , After School Treats , High Tea Party and Cocktail Party .
Recipe Description for Pasta Cheese Balls
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and resembles a thick sauce, while stirring continuously using a whisk.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and keep aside to cool completely.
- Add the pasta, cheese, coriander, celery, green chillies and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 11 equal portions and shape each portion into small rounds.
- Dip the balls in the plain flour mixture and roll them in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, and deep-fry a few balls at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup or chilli sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.