Chana Dal Seekh Kebab Or How To Make Seekh Kebab Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 155 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47060 times
Perfect Chana Dal Seekh Kebab, made with the ideal proportions of chana dal, raw banana and shredded cabbage, excitingly flavoured with mint, green chillies and spice powders, can be served as a starter or as an accompaniment to tea. What makes this recipe different from other kebab recipes is that the chana dal is neither soaked not cooked, but roasted and powdered before adding to the dough. This imparts a rich aroma and a luxuriant texture to the kebabs, which is sure to attract everybody.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the chana dal and sauté on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cool slightly and grind the chana dal to a powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in the same pan, add the cabbage and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the bananas, green chillies and mint leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the chana dal powder, banana paste, salt, dry ginger powder, chaat masala and garam masala and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into 75 mm. (3") oval kebabs.
- Heat a greased non-stick tava (griddle) on a medium flame and cook the kebabs using a little oil till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on the kebabs and serve immediately with green chutney.
- You could use greased unsharpened pencils instead of skewers and cook the kebabs on a tava (griddle) if you do not have a barbeque.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.