Veggie Mayo Pasta
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 8600 times
Here’s a totally off-beat way of making pasta, which is guaranteed to give you a pleasant surprise! Not only is it super easy to make but awesomely tasty too.
The Veggie Mayo Pasta, believe it or not, does not have cheese sauce or red sauce, yet it tastes so perfectly creamy and saucy! The effect is achieved using eggless mayonnaise sauced up with the strained pasta water.
As the water contains starch from the pasta, it helps to thicken the sauce and gives it a rich mouth-feel. Colourful and crunchy veggies give you textural variety, while an ideal mix of herbs and spices give you an appetizing flavour and aroma.
You can serve the Veggie Mayo Pasta along with a bowl of soup and Garlic Bread.
If you liked this, you are sure to also enjoy other unique pasta recipes like the Pasta with Chilli Tomatoes and Spinach and Veg Fettuccine Pasta in Pesto and Coriander Sauce
Enjoy how to make Veggie Mayo Pasta recipe with detailed step by step photos.
- To make veggie mayo pasta recipe, heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the coloured capsicum and zucchini and sauté on a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets and sweet corn kernels, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the drained pasta water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mayonnaise and mix gently using a whisk till no lumps remain.
- Add the dried mixed herbs, chilli flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the macaroni and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve veggie mayo pasta immediately.
- After cooking the macaroni, drain it but don't throw away the water in which it is cooked. Retain 1 cup of water to add at step 4.
Veggie Mayo Pasta video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.