Rotla Video, Bajra Na Rotla, Gujrati Rotla by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 4687 times
Rotlas are made with bajra, jowar or nachni flour, and combine very well with ghee, jiggery. Take care to make the rotlas as soon as the dough is kneaded, as the dough tends to harden quickly, making it difficult to roll. With practice and patience, you can surely master the art of rolling the rotlas uniformly and making them puff up.
Recipe Description for Rotla ( Gujarati Recipe), Bajra Na Rotla Recipe
- Sieve the flour and salt together in a deep bowl.
- Add enough lukewarm water and knead into a semi- soft dough. Keep kneading for 3 to 4 minutes or till the dough is very smooth.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle, using a little bajra flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) on a high flame and when hot, place the rotla gently over it.
- Cook it till small blisters appear on the surface. Turn over the rotla and cook for a few more seconds.
- Cook it on an open flame till it puffs up and brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough portions to make 5 more rotlas.
- Serve immediately with garlic chutney, jaggery and ghee.
See step by step images of Rotla ( Gujarati Recipe), Bajra Na Rotla Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.