Bajra Aloo ki Roti Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 14425 times
Let’s try giving an exciting twist to the traditional bajra rotis and rotlas of Gujarati fame. Adding some mashed potatoes to the dough makes the Bajra Aloo ki Roti soft and pleasant to the palate, while amchur, coriander and green chilli paste impart a welcome peppiness. Coconut and onions not just enhance the texture but the flavour of the rotis too. While this recipe is actually easy to prepare, you just need to take care of one thing – go easy when rolling as too much pressure can result in cracks, especially along the edges of the roti.
Recipe Description for Bajra Aloo ki Roti
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using a little bajra flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti on a medium flame, using a little ghee, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 11 more rotis.
- Serve immediately with a pickle of your choice.
See step by step images of Bajra Aloo ki Roti Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.