Roti, Phulka, Chapati, Soft Roti Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 23146 times
Nothing's more annoying that hard, chewy rotis. Now make soft, delectable rotis for dinner and watch your loved ones devour them with joy. Its simple to make, and an extremely satisfying meal. Go for it!
Recipe Description for Roti ( How To Make Soft Roti Or Phulka Or Chapati)
- Combine the flour, 1 tbsp of oil and salt in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Knead again using remaining ½ tbsp of oil and little water till the dough is smooth and elastic. Cover and keep the dough aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll out each portion of the dough into a thin circle of 150 mm. (6”) diameter using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) on a high flame and when hot, place the roti gently over it.
- Cook it till small blisters appear on the surface. Turn over the roti and cook for few more seconds.
- Cook it on an open flame till it puffs up and brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough portions to make 7 more rotis.
- Smear ghee on top and serve hot.
See step by step images of Roti ( How To Make Soft Roti Or Phulka Or Chapati) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.