Satpadi Roti Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 4595 times
Satpadi Roti is a traditional Gujarati Roti made with seven grains and a wide assortment of spices and flavouring ingredients. Here is a quick-fix version of this sumptuous roti, which has the same satisfying feel and homely taste. Based on a method adopted by caterers to make large quantities of this tasty roti for weddings, this recipe uses crushed mango pickle to flavour hearty whole wheat Satpadi Rotis. It is so easy that you can now enjoy this wonderful treat whenever you feel like, with tasty gatte ki subzi.
Recipe Description for Satpadi Roti
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll 5 portions of the dough, one by one, into a 200 mm. (7") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a rolled portion on a clean, dry surface, spread 1 tsp of the mango pickle mixture evenly over it and place another rolled portion over it.
- Repeat step 4 to make 3 more layers.
- Roll it up tightly from one end to the other and cut into 5 equal portions.
- Flatten each portion in between your palms, one by one, and again roll them into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the rotis one by one using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 8 to make 5 more rotis.
- Serve hot with gatte ki subzi.
- The outer hard covering of the mango seed which is usually the part of the pickle should be discarded and not blended.
See step by step images of Satpadi Roti Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.