Recipes for Healthy Eyes | Best Foods to Improve Eyesight | Best Indian Foods for Eye Health and Vision |
Recipes for Healthy Eyes | Best Foods to Improve Eyesight | Best Indian Foods for Eye Health and Vision. Bright, sparkling eyes with a clear vision say so much for our youthful looks, besides being a big asset in leading an active life. Vision health is a result of good nutrition and regular exercise regime. There are many key nutrients which help to maintain eye health.
8 essential nutrients for eye health and eyesight
1. Vitamin A. Topping the list of necessary nutrients is Vitamin A. A sure way of getting an adequate supply of this vitamin is by consuming enough fruits and vegetables containing beta-carotene, which gets converted into ‘retinal’, a form of vitamin A. A combination of retinal and a protein called ‘opsin’ produces ‘rhodopsin’, a major pigment in the retina of the eye that contributes to good vision. Vitamin A is also a strong antioxidant and does away with the by-products of oxygen that damage the eye.
2. protein : To help vitamin A in its functions and also to keep the eye muscles working at their best, we need a good amount of proteins.
3. Vitamin C : Though vision is created when light enters our eyes, this same light produces some chemicals that could damage the eye. What protects our eyes from such damage is Vitamin C.
4. B-Complex vitamins. Inclusion of the B-Complex range of vitamins in our diet will ensure that the eyes function in a healthy manner. B-complex vitamins also keep the skin around the eyes smooth and supple, so that there are no give-away signs of ageing, like crows feet.
5. Vitamin E allows the eyes to focus more readily and with less effort. It helps form new blood vessels and cuts down the risk of suffering from eye disorders.
6. Iron. Among the minerals, Iron plays an important role in the circulation of blood to the eye tissues. A lack of iron will cause tiredness and lethargy, which readily shows in the eyes and will take away that youthful look.
7. Zinc protects the eyes from infections.
8. Selenium, an antioxidant, prevents the eye tissues from getting damaged.
That’s surely a lot of nutrients that our eyes need! Well, they are, after all, our windows to the world, so nothing is too much for keeping them lively, bright and healthy. Of course, you don’t have to worry about where you will get all these nutrients if you just follow these simple, easy-to-cook recipes.
Top 5 Indian Recipes for Eye Health
1. barley corn salad recipe | barley vegetable corn salad | healthy Indian barley corn salad is a filling and nourishing and tasty too thanks to an assortment of veggies and barley. Here's an easy way to have a healthy accompaniment to your main course. Barley has been used to enhance the fiber content and sweet corn gives a crispy texture to the salad. The red and yellow capsicum and spring onions add colour to the barley vegetable corn salad and make it extremely appealing to the eye.
Moreover this healthy Indian barley corn salad has a wealth of antioxidants which help reduce inflammation in the body and protect heart. With mere 51 calories per serving, this oil free salad is a treat for weight-watchers to achieve their weight loss target. Vitamin C from the veggies further is a way to boost immunity and fight against a variety of diseases.
barley corn salad recipe | barley vegetable corn salad | healthy Indian barley corn salad |
2. The carrot cucumber and rajma Salad in mint dressing is a treat to your taste buds and eyes, in more ways than one. Not only is the vegetable salad with mint and lemon dressing beautiful to behold, it also provides excellent nourishment for your eyes and eye muscles.
Healthy weight loss vegetable salad is a light salad loaded with vitamin A from carrot and mint together with protein-rich rajma too. The Vitamin C from lemon juice is another highlight of this recipe which helps in building your immune system and enhancing your capacity to fight various diseases.
Carrot Cucumber and Rajma Salad in Mint Dressing
3. Masoor dal and paneer soup is a hot nourishing bowl which is sure to tantalise your taste buds. Masoor dal and paneer soup is made from low fat panner, masoor dal, onions, tomatoes, garlic, chilli powder and lemon juices. There is nothing more soothing than a bowl of protein-rich masoor dal soup on a cool day! Masoor dal being an incomplete grain, it is important to combine it with protein-rich ingredients like paneer, to make a complete, nourishing soup to make healthy dal paneer soup.
The lemon juice added towards the end is a good source of vitamin C, which helps in the absorption of calcium from paneer. It’s a way to boost immunity and build strong bones both by way of this healthy soup.
masoor dal and paneer soup recipe | masoor dal soup for weight loss | healthy dal paneer soup |
4. Oats flax seed roti recipe | flaxseed roti | healthy alsi roti with oats and whole wheat flour is a fibre rich Indian staple. Here is a chatpata healthy alsi roti with oats and whole wheat flour, with a homely texture and tongue-tickling taste that is sure to steal your heart. The sprinkling of flax seeds atop the roti not only makes it look attractive but brings in its share of nutrition too, apart from improving the mouth-feel with its exciting crunch.
oats flax seed roti recipe | flaxseed roti | healthy alsi roti with oats and whole wheat flour |
5. Another unusual combination with fantastic results! Offset the somewhat bland taste and colour of muskmelon in this juice by adding vibrantly hued oranges and carrots in kharbuja gajar santre ka juice.
And what you get is an immunity boosting cantaloupe carrot juice with the benefits of vitamin A and vitamin C. Both these nutrients have multiple health benefits from assisting in healthy vision to having a glowing, wrinkle free skin. They further also reduce inflammation in the body and help ward off free radicals which can otherwise be a cause of many chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease.
Carrot Melon Orange Juice, Kharbuja Gajar Santre ka Juice
Recipes for Healthy Eyes | Enjoy our Best Foods to Improve Eyesight | Best Indian Foods for Eye Health and Vision.
Other similar Articles you might like:
Forever Young Diet Recipes
Recipes for glowing skin
Recipes for beautiul hair
Recipes for Increasing immunity