Plantain Errisery, Raw Banana Erissery
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Plantain Errisery, Raw Banana Erissery in Hindi)
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20256 times
The plantain (banana) is one of the most commonly grown vegetables along the coastal and richly-irrigated regions of India. This dish, made using the plantain is a part of the festive fare served on Onam and Pongal.
It is very easy to make and is a wonderful accompaniment to steamed rice and dal .
- Wash and cut each banana into two and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Peel, cut them into small cubes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, red chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the banana, salt and turmeric powder and mix gently and sauté on a medium flame for a minute while stirring continuously.
- Add the coconut, mix gently and sauté on a slow flame for another 4 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Peel and chop the bananas immediately as they get hard when cool.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||50.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||13 mg|
|Folic Acid||11 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.