Paneer Kulchas, Paneer Kulcha Made with Yeast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13698 times
Kulchas might taste heavenly and feel exotic, but the fact is that they are not difficult to make, if only you know the right method. Here is an easy-to-follow recipe to make perfectly-textured kulchas.
The secret lies in handling the yeast properly. Make sure the water is warm, and not too hot or cold, because that will fail to activate the yeast. Once you see bubbles after five minutes or so, it means your yeast mixture is ready to use.
Now, just follow the rest of the procedure to make tasty Paneer Kulchas stuffed with a succulent mixture of crumbled and spiced paneer.
All in all a completely lip smacking kulcha which can be enjoyed with curds , pickles and chutney. Chole or dals like Dal Makhani and Moong Dal with Spinach also make a good combo with the Paneer Kulchas.
- Combine the dry yeast and enough warm water in a small bowl, cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients including the yeast-water mixture into a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the paneer, turmeric powder, dried fenugreek leaves and salt and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle and place one portion of the paneer stuffing in the center of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the center, seal tightly and again roll out into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle, using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the kulcha, on a medium flame using 1 tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 4 more kulchas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per khulcha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.