Masala Vadai by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 197 times
The famous south Indian snack becomes unrecognisable in its new tava-cooked avatar! We have modified the traditional, deep-fried Masala Vadai recipe by adding iron and folic acid rich dill leaves, and tava-cooking the vadais.
Recipe Description for Masala Vadai
- Drain the chana dal and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture without using water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a 37 mm. (1½?) diameter flat round vadai.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Cook each vadai, using ? tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately with healthy green chutney.
- The chana dal needs to be soaked for 3 hours.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.