Keerai Vadai Video, Amaranth Leaves Vada by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 370 times
Keerai Vadai Video. Keerai Vadai is one of the most popular South Indian evening snacks, enjoyed with a hot cup of filter coffee. It is a crispy dal vada, perked up with chopped amaranth leaves.
Recipe Description for Keerai Vadai, Amaranth Leaves Vada
- Soak the chana dal, arhar dal, urad dal and fennel seeds in enough water in a deep bowl and keep aside for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Remove ¼ cup of soaked and drained chana dal mixture in a bowl and keep aside.
- Blend the remaining chana dal mixture in a mixer to a coarse mixture without using any water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients, including the soaked and drained chana dal mixture and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape each portion into 50 mm. (2”) diameter round flat vada.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few vadas at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney.
See step by step images of Keerai Vadai, Amaranth Leaves Vada Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.