french beans and carrot thoran recipe | carrots beans thoran | Kerala style carrot thoran dry sabzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 83 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45768 times
french beans and carrot thoran recipe | carrots beans thoran | Kerala style carrot thoran dry sabzi | with 25 amazing images.
french beans and carrot thoran recipe is a Kerala style carrot thoran dry sabzi. ‘Thoran’ is a traditional vegetable preparation that is popular in Kerala. carrots beans thoran is a dry sabzi that can also be prepared with many different veggies.
In this french beans and carrot thoran recipe, we have used a colourful combination of French beans and carrot. First, the veggies are sautéed with onions and an aromatic tempering of seeds and red chillies, and then it is perked up with a tasty mixture of coconut and other ingredients, which not only improves the taste but also gives a nice mouth-feel to the Kerala style carrot thoran dry sabzi.
Onions may or may not be added, but they give a nice crunch and strong flavour to french beans and carrot thoran. Enjoy the french beans and carrot thoran with steaming hot Rice and Sambhar or Rasam.
See why french beans and carrot thoran is healthy? Made from carrots which helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. French Beans is rich in folic acid. A deficiency of folic acid can also lead to anaemia, as like iron they are equally necessary to make red blood cells.
Notes on french beans and carrot thoran recipe. 1. Choose young and fresh beans and carrots that are tender and naturally sweet for these beans and carrot stir fry. 2. Do not add more water for or else you will overcook vegetables and lose its taste and crunchy texture. 3. We have used coconut oil in the end to enhance the aroma and taste of Beans Carrot Mezhukkupuratti.
Learn to make french beans and carrot thoran recipe | carrots beans thoran | Kerala style carrot thoran dry sabzi | with step by step photos and video below.
- To make french beans and carrot thoran, combine the coconut, turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds and garlic in a plate and mix very well using your hands. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, and kashmiri red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, french beans, carrot and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp water, mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared coconut mixture and coconut oil, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve the french beans and carrot thoran hot.
French Beans and Carrot Thoran Video by Tarla Dalal
French Beans and Carrot Thoran, Kerala Dry Sabzi recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.