Chole (Peshawari Chole) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 33387 times
One of peshawar's cultural contributions to this world is its luscious cuisine. Peshawari chole is a characteristic dish, very popular in punjab. Spicy and 'chatpata', this dish needs some prior planning as the chick peas require soaking for at least 6 hours.
Recipe Description for Peshawari Chole
Makes 4 servings
- Clean, wash and soak the kabuli chana and chana dal overnight or for 6-8 hours.
- Drain, wash again, add 2 cups of water, big cardamom, cinnamon and teabags and pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistles or until the chana is well cooked. .
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Strain and reserve the liquid but discard the tea bag. Keep the kabuli chana liquid aside separately.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent, while stirring continoulsy.
- Add the pomegranate powder and cook, till the onions turn dark brown while stirring continuously.
- Add the ginger, green chillies , tomatoes and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cooked kabuli chana- chana dal, chole masala, the reserved liquid and salt and mix gently.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder and garam masala and sauté till the tomatoes are cooked and the mixture leaves oil.
- Serve hot with bhaturas.
See step by step images of Peshawari Chole Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.