Chana Palak Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 20132 times
Nothing sounds new about a gravy with chana and palak, right? Spoken too soon! Try out this amazingly luscious preparation of Chana Palak, and you will classify it into top class! With a completely different gravy prepared with an assortment of spices, onion paste and a special brinjal-tomato paste, this vegetable preparation has a lingering flavour and irresistible texture, which will make you want to have another serving or two for sure!
Recipe Description for Chana Palak, Chole Palak Recipe
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the brinjal pieces and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the brinjal pieces turn soft, while stirring ocasionally. Sprinkle a little water if required. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the brinjal pieces and tomatoes and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 3 tbsp oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cinnamon, cloves and prepared onion paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared brinjal-tomato purée, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the garam masala, chilli powder, dried mango powder, coriander powder, salt, kabuli chana and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with onion rings, coriander and lemon wedge.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.