Cheesy Jalapeno Potato Bake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5774 times
When your tummy grumbles and your taste buds salivate, yearning for a tasty and exotic snack, the Cheesy Jalapeno Potato Bake is the best choice to meet their expectations!
In this interesting snack, boiled baby potatoes are coated with a creamy white sauce, topped with jalapenos, seasoned with herbs, garnished with cheese and baked to perfection.
As the flavours fuse and meet the succulent potatoes, you get an utterly irresistible snack that pampers your taste buds like never before.
One thing you need to remember is that the Cheesy Jalapeno Potato Bake has to be served piping hot, as it will thicken after some time.
You can also try other exotic dishes like the Baked Ratatouille Pancakes in White Sauce and the Baked Spaghetti with Paneer Balls in Spinach Sauce .
- Press each potato between the palms of your hands to flatten them lightly and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a broad-non-stick pan, add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the milk, salt and pepper, mix well using a whisk and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till it is slightly thick, while stirring it continuously. Keep aside
- Arrange the potatoes in the baking dish, sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over it.
- Pour the prepared milk mixture, spread it evenly over it, sprinkle the jalapenos, mixed herbs and cheese evenly over it.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||191.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.