Corn and Aubergine Bake
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 109 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12931 times
Corn and deep-fried aubergine is a combination you never imagined in your deepest dreams, especially not with white sauce! interestingly, the outcome is just heavenly. A rare combination of veggies pepped up with the usual onion-tomato-garlic combination is topped with white sauce and cheese, and baked to ensure proper mixing of flavours and a perfect texture. You are in for a thrilling experience with the corn and aubergine bake!
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the chilli powder and tomatoes and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the corn, brinjal and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Pour into a baking bowl, pour the white sauce over it and sprinkle grated cheese evenly all over.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||427.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||23.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||26.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.