Chana Dal Pancakes ( Gluten Free Recipes) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 36288 times
Chana dal pancakes recipe, makes use of soaked chana dal mixed with vitamin rich vegetables and protein rich curds to enhance its taste. Grated ginger and green chillies add the much-needed spice to the pancakes. Cook these pancakes over a slow flame as the chana dal is coarsely ground and will take a while to cook well. Serve them piping hot to enjoy them even more.
Recipe Description for Chana Dal Pancakes ( Gluten Free )
Makes 6 pancakes
- Blend the soaked and drained chana dal in a mixer to a coarse paste adding a little water if required.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the fenugreek leaves, carrot, spinach, curry leaves, green chillies, ginger, curds, oil, salt and a little water (approx. 1/4 cup) and mix well.
- Just before making the pancakes, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour a little batter on a greased tava (griddle) and spread it evenly to make a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle.
- Cook on both the sides, using a little oil, till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 5 more pancakes.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
- While cooking if the pancake sticks to the tava (griddle), add 2 tbsp of besan (bengal gram flour) to the batter and continue cooking.
See step by step images of Chana Dal Pancakes ( Gluten Free ) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.