How many calories does one serving of Palak Pakoda Kadhi have?
One serving of Palak Pakoda Kadhi gives 166 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 60 calories, proteins account for 26 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 69 calories. One serving of Palak Pakoda Kadhi provides about 8 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Palak Pakoda Kadhi recipe. The humble kadhi transforms into grand fare in this delectable Palak Pakoda Kadhi recipe, where deep-fried spinach pakodas are simmered in lip-smacking yoghurt kadhi.
This traditional delight is one that kids and adults will enjoy thoroughly. Take care to add the pakodas only moments before serving so they remain crisp and succulent, just the way they ought to be.
Is Palak Pakoda Kadhi healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
2. Besan : Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also higher protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. Besan is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells (WBC) in the bone marrow. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. See detailed benefits of besan and why it's good for you.
3. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
4. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
What's the probelm?
Deep fried foods : This pakoda is deep fried. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. Your fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption. Also when you use the same oil again for deep frying then smoking point decreases which leads to the development of blue smoke which is not good for health. It also increases inflammation in the body and shuts down the fat burning process.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Palak Pakoda Kadhi ?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. This pakoda is deep fried. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. Your fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption.
What is a healthy kadhi option?
You can follow this healthy kadhi low fat kadhi recipe.
Healthy Kadhi, Low Fat Kadhi Recipe
Can healthy individuals have Palak Pakoda Kadhi ?
No, this is not healthy. Follow the Healthy Kadhi, Low Fat Kadhi Recipe above.
Kadhi goes well with the following khichdi options : buckwheat moong and vegetable khichdi, vitamin khichdi, fada ni khichdi, bohri khichdi and buckwheat and sprouts khichdi. Note that these khichdi recipes have ZERO rice used in them and are diabetic, heart friendly.
Palak Pakoda Kadhi is high in
1. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
4. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
5. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 166 calories that come from one serving of Palak Pakoda Kadhi?
Walking (6 kmph) =
Running (11 kmph) =
Cycling (30 kmph) =
Swimming (2 kmph) =
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.